Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Bond Pickle Boo!!

The Bond Pickle Company in Oconto, Wisconsin is.... history. The building, the former Oconto Canning Company, was recently razed. I liked that building. It took me back to my youth, and our own town's canning factory. *daydreaming* There are so many tales to tell about that place in future posts.

Bond dill pickles were my husband's favorite. The owner, Leon Bond died at age 104, so I'm hoping there is some longevity secret in those pickles, so my husband will be around forever also :)

(I also have to add that Leon Bond built the Oconto Bond Center for his 
community. This facility houses the best swimming pool, hot tub, walking track, and infrared suana in our area. LOVELOVELOVE it there!!)

Where am I going with all this, you ask?

One late evening, before the Bond building had been demolished, I circled around a McDonald's drive thru for a carton of OJ. This McDonalds was located directly next to Bonds.

I was beyond exhausted, having driven for hours and hours. My brain was fried from a long and 'trying' week.

I pulled away from the McDonald's window, and parked facing the Bond Factory. Impatient-- I clumsily tore open the OJ carton, and chugged the delicious sweetness down. It was ice cold and refreshing, and it tasted sooooo gooooood. It hit the spot! Just the fix I needed to get me the rest of the way home.

I tipped my head back more and shook the last drops into my mouth. As I lowered the carton and opened my eyes, I saw a freaking ghost!!!!!!!!

Yes, I mean it. A GHOST in the Bond Factory. My eyes felt big like saucers.

Now, granted it was pitch dark out when I saw the ghost. And it looked ABSOLUTELY SCARY AND REAL. 
                                  (O,O) <---my face.

I whipped out my camera. Not sure how I thought I was going to take a picture of a ghost?? But it was the blinding light from my camera's flash that brought me back to reality, as soon I discovered it was all just a silly yet fabulous prank.

'Hats off' to whomever did this. 

'without the flash'
"OHHH!!!"











'with the flash'


So, a "BOO!! to YOU!!, too!!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment