Friday, February 4, 2011

'MARY' Christmas?

It's been a month since the excitement surrounding Christmas fizzled out. 

In that time the holiday dishes were packed away, the leaf was
removed from the dining room table, plain towels replaced festive 
ones, decorations were removed, and the tree was crookedly jammed
into a snowbank out by the curb. Or, to be more precise, the bare
tree TRUNK was out by the curb. It's needles were scattered all along the pathway to the front door, while some will remain embedded in the living room carpet until around the 4th of July.  *_*

At that time, I thoroughly inspected the house at least a dozen times for any leftover Christmas themed items. When I was positive I had evvvverything, the Christmas boxes were put away in storage.

It's now Friday, February 4th. There is no leftover evidence that 
Christmas 2010 ever ever happened. Or so I think.......

Today, I'm at the kitchen sink, elbow deep in dish soap suds. With eyes pinched tight, I'm singing, "There isssssss a towwwn in north Ontaaario...".  I'm pouring my soul into my mic, a rubber spatula with dried tomato sauce on it. I turn my head as I open my eyes to reach for a saucepan off the stove, and AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! My 'mic' drops on the floor. I see this!!!


          A SANTA CAP ON THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY!!!
           I somehow always leave ONE thing out!!!!!! *pulling hair out*
So, 'MARY' CHRISTMAS??






No comments:

Post a Comment