Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Toes!

My daughter flew out to spend time with friends stationed at Navel Base San Diego. She experienced lots of 'firsts': first time flying, first time traveling alone, first time seeing an ocean, first palm tree! She was also very fortunate to spend a day at the world famous San Diego Zoo, where the stingray exhibit won over most of her attention.

Despite all the photos she took, call me strange---this one remains my favorite: her happy toes digging in the sand leading to the grand Pacific Ocean.

Just by holding this photo, I can hear the soothing waves, and taste the salt in the air. I can picture the breathtaking sunset. I can even feel the giddy high she's getting from sensory overload! 

.....All of that from one simple photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment