Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Branded" oven glove

I stopped in at my daughter's home to check out her new window perch for her cat. Libby, the cat, was all sprawled out on it, seemingly drunk from the hot rays of the sun.

Distraction hit, as my nose detected a delicious aroma escaping from her oven. My mouth hummed  'yummmmmm' outloud. My 
daughter smiled as her eyes lit up. She opened the oven door and
carefully removed a steaming hot casserole.

My heart instantly filled with glee. I am so grateful that she shows an interest in preparing meals vs. depending solely on fast food and frozen entrees (the modern and classy term for tv dinners).



Thennnnnn my eyes curiously wandered
from the casserole to her oven mitt....

A  round "brand", shaped EXACTLY like
a stovetop burner, covered the mitt.

I grinned from ear to ear as my mind did
a slideshow of flashbacks from my own
novice cooking days. I can only imagine the hysteria that followed when this incident occurred!

Naturally, I had to whip out my camera
to preserve this special moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment