Friday, February 25, 2011

WAHHH' ter


Of course, I need water to live. But water does something else for me. When I'm submerged in it, I feel all fresh and anew, baptized all over again, --minus the crying. 

For me, water is liquid sensation, like a magic tonic. It always has been. Water agrees with me. As a child, I didn't care if the water I swam in was ice cold. As an adult, I do. *~*

.
But a couple years ago, I did something that was water-related but --without water??

I strolled the bottom of a river, a drained river! The river had been drained in order to fix the dam. It turned out to be an exciting day. I'm so thankful I didn't pass up that opportunity. 



The dam that was being repaired.
I 'm standing in the waterless river taking this photo.



An ISLAND!!



The Boat Landing
The River Bank



I discovered many treasures on the bottom of the river floor: shells, fishing lures, colored glass, plastic toys, rusty cans, and lots of bottle caps. I had to be especially careful not to step on nails and other rusty junk.
I had given the river bottom plenty of time to dry out thoroughly before I went. But I'm sure the treasure enthusiasts with their metal detectors snapped up all the coins, jewelry, relics, and other collectibles while the river floor was still very slippery and muddy.
I wasn't that brave!
 
 
P.S. HAPPY  75th  BIRTHDAY,  MOM!!!! 
LOVE YOU!!!!  XOXOX  <-- lotsa wet ones   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment