Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Put the needles down!"

No. Not drug needles.  KNITTING needles!

I chose to take it easy this past week following my dad's death. I decided to relax by knitting something simple and repetitive - a scarf.

But whenever I tried to put the needles down, my hands seemed to plead with me, "make one more row, just ONE more row, just ONE MORE ROWWWWW!!!" 

And sure enough, I'm k1p1 k1p1 back across the scarf again!! arghhh.
What an addictive hobby...

Today instead of knitting, I relaxed by surfing online. I came across a knitting site, http://www.agoodyarn.net/ , where they offer free vintage images with knitting themes.

                                       
                 This one popped out at me.

From now on, I'm taking the advice of this smart little knitter. 
When it's time to take a break from knitting, I'm going
to spring out of my chair 'n dance with a grinning goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment