Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Do I trust a groundhog or a bok choy?

This past February 2nd, Jimmy the Groundhog from Sun Prairie, did not see his shadow, thus predicting an early spring.

Unfortunately, there was such a huge blizzard that day, that the annual ceremony had to be postponed until the next day.  Luckily, Jimmy was kind enough to 'Tweet' his prediction to the nation.

Okay. I don't even tweet, but a groundhog does....  :/

Footage from the Feb. 3 ceremony:

http://www.flixya.com/video/2565280/Jimmy-The-Groundhog-Makes-Winter-Prediction


So, do I trust Jimmy? Well, he claims to be 100% accurate, and that when he has appeared to be wrong, it's because his owner misunderstood his message. Too bad Jimmy can not speak. He can only 'tweet'.       :/ 

After all of that excitement, I returned to my daily chores. With plans to stir-fry vegetables for lunch, I began to peel away the many layers of a crispy bok choy.

When I reached the inner core, what a beautiful surprise! The plant was in full bloom deep inside the head!



Another prediction of an early spring??
Or...
God has a great sense of humor?!

I choose BOTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment