Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kohler Doll & Bear Show


This entry might not interest everyone, but remember that my interest in dolls is practically nil, and my interest in bears...does not exist.

With that being said, I got a whim one day to attend the Kohler Doll & Bear Show in Kohler, Wisconsin. Something new. Something different. I had no idea what to expect. Despite having 'no right!' to be there lolol, I had the time of my life!!

My first thrill of the day occurred as I approached the American Club Resort Hotel (Kohler).

Gorgeous! 
The high pitched roofs, wood framing, and brick walls --it's tudor-style design is absolutely dreamy. Top this vision off with some rich green ivy and ...PERFECTO!

Of course, all the bathrooms in this hotel are fancied-up with world famous Kohler products.  

Oh gosh, I MUST return some day.


I was grateful to have purchased a tea party ticket in advance.

What an experience that turned out to be!

Each attendee was gifted a Ginny Vogue Doll and pattern booklet.

A display board at the head table displayed many outfits made from these patterns.

The meal, as you can see, was a piece of art, and out-of-this-world delicious! We were also treated with tiny cakes, tiny scones, tiny cheese cakes, and tiny muffins.   :)


This is a shot of the elegant display table. I realize it's not a great photo, but a very talented Irish dancer was about to begin dancing and I had to act fast.

You are probably wondering why I included this photo in my blog, since you can not see a darn thing on that head table??

I included it because it wasn't until I looked through all my photos at the end of the day, that I spotted the ornery tough chick in the orange shirt giving me the hairy eyeball for taking her pic!!!!  OUCH!
Holy CRAP. She seriously wants to kick my a** at a doll tea party! 

My guess is that she either got dragged by her hair to this party by the lady in green, or she is the kind of doll lover that scars dolls' faces with magic markers and then chops their heads off. Good thing I didn't realize this until much later or I might have fled Sheboygan County immediately.

After the tea party, we were free to browse through the main room where over a hundred doll and bear venders had set up displays. Lots of interesting things to buy: dolls, bears, wigs, clothing, 'vintage' clothing, accessories, furniture, and dollhouses.

It was a long day, but I couldn't leave Kohler without checking out a doll store called, The Nursery Window.
Baby dolls are displayed as if in a real hospital nursery.
This photo was taken through a glass window just like in a hospital!

The interior design of the shop has a castle theme.

A beautiful, stained glass dome ceiling tops the center display room.


Dolls and bears are for sale by famous artists, such as Helen Kish,
Berdine Creedy, and Henry and Sophia Zawieruszynski.
Resin ball-jointed dolls are shown in this photo.




I will make it my new goal to add strange and unfamiliar adventures to my list of to do's. This one was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment